1. Old Fashioned – I have been inspired to bake some cookies for one of beautiful friend’s birthdays. While searching for a recipe, I came across these Old Fashioned Iced Oatmeal Cookies from Saving Room for Dessert. I remember eating these as a youngin’, and I can’t wait to see if these are like the ones I remember.
2. Mother + Daughter – October is a busy month for me! Later on this month, my mom and I will be hightailing it to Atlanta for a calligraphy class hosted by Laura Hooper at the Ellis Hotel. We realized that we have never been on a road trip with just the two of us, so we are excited for a girls’ weekend! Stay tuned for a Road Trip Essentials post.
3. Father + Daughter – On the other hand, my dad and I have done lots of road trips together. Also this October, we will be heading up to DC. Fall in DC was definitely one of my favorite things about living there, so I can’t wait to be able to actually justify wearing boots and seeing the leaves change again.
4. Mantels with Meaning – Last year, I DIYed a fall wreath for our front door. Outside of that, we don’t have a lot of fall decor that is versatile. Creations by Kara showcases 30+ Fall Mantels. I smell a trip to Home Goods in my future!
5. Hello, Dolly! – I absolutely love Dolly Parton. She’s sassy, honest, and surprisingly deep. This quote is completely appropriate for this point in my life. I realized a few months ago that the direction I was going was not making me happy on a daily basis. I have since made some big changes professionally and personally to align myself better with who I am and who I want to become. It was risky, but I am so happy to have taken that jump.
6. Chic Sweatpants? – This week, Fashionably Lo collaborated with Old Navy and The Everygirl to showcase how to dress up sweatpants. No, not the baggy sweatpants you wear for yard work, but equally comfortable Tuxedo Striped Joggers. Lauren said it best, ” Confidence is always the best accessory.”