In most parts of the country, Fall is already in full swing! Seeing the Today show crew out on the plaza with light jackets amazes me when I can open the door and go outside in a bathing suit every single day. But, I’m not complaining! To me, this just means I get some extra time to plan my fall style essentials.
I would call my style a hybrid of classic and preppy with a smidge of edginess here and there. This year, I am foreseeing texture, sparkle, and exciting pops of patterns!
1. Puffer Vests – I have envied every girl wearing a puffer vest for too long. This year, I take the plunge! For a Tampa Fall (read: 1-2 days), they are perfect to style with a great long sleeve tee. I’m thinking stripes + glitter to keep a look that can quickly turn hunter-esque a bit more feminine. Source: JCrew Factory
2. Luxury Sweaters – Sounds like an oxymoron, doesn’t it? But this season is all about sweaters that go the extra mile. Whether that is leather elbow patches or bedazzled collars, these sweaters are far from typical. The best part? They are still so comfortable! Source: JCrew Factory
3. Oversized + Sexy – This is similar to luxury sweaters in that it sounds like an oxymoron but is actually a comfortable option. And it is flattering on a body that maybe skipped a view gym trips in favor of a Pumpkin Spice Latte. This trend matches perfectly with #6 to sex it up and #7 for a day-time look. Source: Unknown
4. Stacked – I know this is an older trend, but I love packing on the rings in the fall. There is something about long sleeves bringing attention down to the hands that makes me give a little extra attention to them in the cooler months. This featured option is a quality choice, but more affordable ones can be found at Kohl’s. Just make sure that you take them off when washing your hands, as the color can fade easily. Source: Stella and Dot
5. Go Bold – I love layering a bold statement necklace with a sweater over a collared shirt in the fall. It is so easy to get lost in what I call the “Fall Frump”, meaning that anything that covers you completely is acceptable as an outfit. Adding a little sparkle is an easy remedy to this epidemic. Source: Stella and Dot
6. Faux Leather – So was your first thought of Ross from Friends stuck in his leather pants? If not, here is the link. Cracked me up. I think Lauren Conrad thought these through. They add a little sheen and interest to an ensemble, and they look really comfortable. Source: Kohl’s (currently on sale for $21)
7. Skinny Minnie – Is a skinny jean ever not in style? I love to amp up my collection in the fall since I am fitting boots over them constantly. I’ve tried jeggings and yoga pants (I’m sorry), but nothing compares to the perfect skinny jean. When you find it, I won’t hold it against you if you buy about 15 pair. Source: Old Navy
8. Bag Lady – My name is Jessica, and I have a problem. I have bags busting out of my closet all the time! I cannot get enough of them. This smaller style looks perfect for an afternoon in a pumpkin patch or a corn maze. The black + brown go with any outfit ever. Really. Source: Shopbop
9. Plaid + Loafers – I think this combo is the rare occurrence of two extremely old school things making one awesome modern look. Don’t get me wrong, this can easily be a trend that looks like it comes from your great-grandfather’s wardrobe. To avoid this, be sure to choose a more feminine shoe, and a plaid that is versatile. Source: Shopbop
10. Plum Paws – Alright ladies, put the bright pinks and neons away for awhile in exchange for a beautiful plum. A great combination of red + purple, OPI’s Anti-bleak adds a little edge to your look without being too out-of-the-box. Source: OPI (try the nail studio tool to check the color on your skin tone)
11. Revealed – The Coastal Scents Revealed 2 palette can easily transition from summer to fall. Just work your way to the right side of the palette. The plum undertones will complement your nails perfectly! Source: Coastal Scents
12. Pucker Up! – Don’t forget that Fall is when your skin gets drier. The avoid flaky lips, try Pixi’s Shea Lip Balm. This is another find from Birchbox that I love. I have Honey Nectar, and it really is a great nude and natural color. It doesn’t leave your lips feeling like sand paper, and the colors fades consistently so you aren’t splotchy. Function and beauty, people! Source: Pixi by Petra
Cheers + Sunshine,