Happy Friday! No big plans, but looking forward to a relaxing weekend here!
1. Bossypants – Honestly, I am not a big reader. I am more of a wait-for-the-movie kind of girl as bad as that sounds. But one of my favorite books is Mindy Kaling’s ‘Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (And Other Concerns)’. I have heard that Tina Fey’s ‘Bossypants‘ is similarly hilarious while still providing insight about being a professional, focused woman. I can’t say the same for Kaling’s book unless you count validation for a lifelong hatred of bikes as insightful (which I happen to).
2. If Kate Middleton does it, it must be right – I have been on a lifelong pursuit (read: 1 year pursuit) for the perfect red blazer that is both professional and sexy. Kate Middleton pulled it off, so to us regular folk it is remotely possible on a lesser scale. I have found this option from Zara, which if the rumors are true is the exact blazer Kate rocked.
3. Bunco Night! – The All Children’s Hospital Tampa Guild is hosting a Bunco night on October 16 at the Tampa Outpatient Center. Come on down for some bunco, dinner, and amazing prizes all for only $20. You’ll also get some awesome cake pops to take home!
4. That Booty Booty – This weekend I am all about that bass, bout that bass, bout that bass, no treble. I love Meghan Trainor’s genuine and unique sound.
5. Heyyyy chick flicks – Sorry, hubby, but I am feeling like a chick flick this weekend! Last weekend after a few drinks, I ended up watching pieces of three different Nicholas Sparks movies. I forgot how great they are, and the Coors Light helped me remember. I know, I know, I’m super classy watching chick flicks with a beer. I think its part of my charm.
6. NYFW Nail Fix – In case you live under a rock, it’s New York Fashion Week. I’m not one to follow every show, but I do like to follow the big trends of the season. In nail fashion, this season is all about dark plums like OPI Anti Bleak sampled by Polish Insomniac, light metallics, and dark greens. Personally, I’m not a huge fan of the greens – reminds me too much of fungus, but I will definitely fiddle with the plums and metallics.
Cheers + Sunshine,