Weekend, weekend, weekend!
As I am going to start working weekends in the near future, I am savoring each and every hour of these last few precious Saturdays + Sundays. Here’s my plan for this weekend…
1. There have been a few celebrity deaths that resonated with me. John Ritter, Cory Monteith, and now Robin Williams. You really don’t realize the impact these seemingly untouchable stars have in your life until you dwell on it. I’m pretty sure everyone in their late teens to early/mid-twenties is feeling this one. With a resume that includes Aladdin, Jumanji, and Mrs. Doubtfire, Robin Williams was a staple in my early childhood. This weekend, the Tampa Theatre is honoring Robin Williams by showing Dead Poet’s Society – an inspiring movie and role. Keep the message of Dead Poet’s Society alive everyday with this Carpe Diem print from Hey! Holla.
2. Healthy living on a budget is my new mantra in life. This weekend the task at hand is homemade granola. I’ll be putting my own spin on this Vanilla Almond Granola from Sally’s Baking Addiction. If you don’t follow her on Facebook, do it! There are so many great recipes constantly coming out of her kitchen!
3. This French Toast Lip Scrub courtesy of London Like the City will satisfy my need for DIY-ness and sugary delights this weekend. Only three simple ingredients and a shelf life of 2 weeks in the fridge! This scrub is exactly what I need to aid my newfound lipstick addiction.
4. Weekend Soundtrack Alert: BAILANDO. Enrique Iglesias is another staple from my childhood. He had the perfect blend of English and Spanish lyrics to make me feel cultural and like I was a boss for knowing the Spanish parts. I may have to sneak a little Hero, Escape, and Ping Pong Song in there as well.
5. And last but not least, I am working on approaching the weekend with a little Taylor Swift/ Demi Lovato attitude. Swift’s “Shake It Off” and Lovato’s “I Really Don’t Care” have similar messages that I interpret a little something like this: Not everyone is going to be a fan of everything you do, say, eat, wear, feel, etc. But confidence in your choices in life is what matters, not others’ interpretation of those choices. I admit that I do not always (read: ever) have this attitude. So, this Weekend Wishlist is wrapping up with a challenge to every self-conscious person out there: Own it. Be you. Be unique. Be confident. And let the rest fall into place. And it that doesn’t work…..I’m just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake!
Cheers + Sunshine,